06 Mar 2020
Human traficing is a big problem of today, in worl dthat is conneccted as never
before slavery and human traficing are very easy to hide and move between
countries. We need to raise awareness in all people to stop it from happening.
Big responsibility lies on Financial and Hospitality Professionals which are in
first contact with such cases.
We can use here crypto as all human traficing is done with a goal to earn money and many of todays funds are money washed in crpto so this give us a good tool In order to fight human trafficking and modern-day slavery.
Idea of is to “follow money, fight slavery” this is good way of thinking as money flows are today more and more increasingly includes cryptocurrency.
List of Risk Indicators
All of Financial institutions keep an eye out for the following red flags:
- - account that have a little to no living expense transactions;
- - Account is credited through cash deposits, account transfers or email transfers;
- - Any deposits are quickly transferred to a different account or withdrawn;
- - Deposits are made in cash in different cities throughout the country;
- - Paychecks from multiple people deposited into a single account.
All of Banking and hospitality professionals look for the following:
- - When the person is alone, do they make eye contact? Do they speak at a conversational volume?
- - Do they appear disoriented? Are they tentative in their actions? Is hygiene lacking?
- - Do they look to the door or another person at a seemingly abnormal frequency?
- - If the line is long, or a manager is called over to assist, does the person become agitated? Fearful? Do they abandon their items and head for the door?
- - Are they showing signs of physical abuse? Visible bruises in various stages of healing?
- - Are they wearing sunglasses indoors?
- - Does the person show signs of having been denied food, water, sleep, or medical care?
- - Is there another person with them? Is that person overly attentive? Do they appear to be minding every word said? Are they a translator, or do they speak for the person?
- - Does the person appear to be coached on what to say, or look to someone else before speaking?
- - When you are at a place of business, are there indicators that someone lives there?
- - When observing life around you, is a juvenile acting/dressed in an overly sexualized manner, potentially engaged in commercial sex acts? Is he/she in the company of older men/women who do not appear to be related to them?
- - If you conduct business in the homes of clients, is the person living in unsuitable conditions?
- - Does the person lack personal possessions and appear not to have a stable living situation?
- - Does the person have freedom to come and go as they please? Are there unreasonable security measures? Do doors lock from the inside, or the outside?
Report Human Trafficking
If you suspect on human trafficking do not get involved directly buy report to police official the case and they will handle situation.